There's more to life than living...
5. We can be useful members of society: increasing work value and creative activities
The final part of our series shares our own experiences with the community. "How can we be useful members of society?" – we could have given this title to this part.
4. The importance of sport and daily routine: movement and nature
Leading a conscious life has become my routine, an essential part of which is daily exercise. You need to know that I came a very long way in this respect. I could walk exactly three hundred meters: to the car. We decided to implement changes, again, step by step.
3. Those who it’s easier with, but impossible without: family care and human relationships
Before I met my wife, I lived in Budapest alone with this disease for a year. It was a great challenge for me to work and do everyday activities at that time.
2. Mental balance: psychotherapy and conscious lifestyle
Psychotherapy refers to cooperation with a psychologist. It is a golden rule that the patient chooses the helper. In my case, I went on picking until I found the HCP I could trust one hundred percent.
1. The key pillar of mental balance: Medication
Initially, I received my medication in tablet form, and I had very depressing feelings about drugs. For many years I was struggling with uncertainty about whether I took my medication that day or forgot it again? After such problems and more episodes, I found the opportunity to receive my medicine as an injectable once a month.
0. Balanced life with schizophrenia - our first-hand experience
I’ve been living with schizophrenia for more than fifteen years. Me and my wife would like to summarize and share our past experiences with our peers and loved ones in the following article series.